Why you should have your chimneys swept:
- Tens of thousands of chimney fires occur every year.
- Anytime wood is burned in a fireplace, soot and creosote are produced. Soot is sticky, black carbon particles, and creosote is an oily, flammable liquid tar. These byproducts cling to the inside of a chimney and can easily cause a chimney fire.
- It is therefore very important you call in someone to sweep the chimney on a regular basis. All chimneys need to be swept at least once a year, if the chimney is well used twice a year is recommended.
- Using our traditional chimney sweep brushes we will fully seal the fireplace and use advanced vacuum technology to stop any soot or debris entering the room. Any debris will then be removed safely from the premises and disposed of.
- A certificate will then issued to confirm your chimney has been swept.
AMV Chimney Sweeps are members of the Institute of chimney sweeps and an approved installer of solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services.
For more information on the ICS click here.